Who is responsible for the processing of your data?
The following websites and domain names belong to Rebo B.V.:
What are cookies?
Cookies are small, simple text files that your computer or (mobile) device stores when you use our websites.
What are the other techniques?
Cookies and other techniques are used on almost all existing websites.
By using cookies and other techniques, we ensure that, for example:
- Surfing the Rebo B.V. websites will be more pleasant and easier for you;
- When you visit our websites, you do not always receive or need to enter the same information;
- We can offer you special functionalities such as the wish list or your shopping cart;
- We can measure how our websites are used and where we can improve them;
- We can show you advertisements and recommendations based on your interests;
- We can recognize which device you are using when you visit us;
- We can record how often an advertisement is shown, or have it recorded, in order to better tailor the advertisements to your needs and interests and to prevent you from seeing the same advertisement every time.
Third party cookies
What cookies do we use? In short:
Functional cookies or necessary cookies
Functional cookies ensure that our websites function correctly. Think, for example, of functionalities such as shopping cart and checkout.
Analytical cookies enable us, with the help of third parties, to collect statistics on the use of our websites by users. By measuring website usage, we can continue to improve our websites for the benefit of our users.
Social media cookies from third parties
Social media cookies are cookies that enable functionalities of social media websites. Think of a YouTube video with a product or a ‘like’ button for Facebook.
We place advertising cookies for third party websites. We do this so that, based on your online surfing, searching and buying behaviour, we can make you as relevant offers as possible. We also use these advertisement cookies to keep track of which advertisements you have seen.
Website recommendations, preferences and interest cookies
In addition, we combine your online surfing, search, and buying behaviour to show you relevant offers and recommendations in our websites, tailored to your preferences.
Functional or necessary cookies
Functional or necessary cookies help the websites of Rebo B.V. to function properly. Think of this:
- The products you add to your wish list are remembered and stored;
- Notification of an incomplete order, so that you do not lose your products in the shopping cart;
- Your browser settings are saved so that you can view our websites optimally on your screen;
- The possibility to save your login data so that you do not have to re-enter it every time;
it is possible for us to respond to messages in our websites;
- Detecting possible abuse or problems in our websites, for example by registering successive failed login attempts.
We use analytical cookies with the help of third parties to investigate the use of the website. These statistics give us an insight into how often we are visited, and where we can improve our websites. In this way, we ensure that the experience with our websites is continually optimised. The following data, among others, will be stored:
- The IP address, which will be made anonymous;
- Technical features such as the browser you are using (such as Chrome, Internet Explorer or Firefox) and the resolution of your computer screen and which device you are using;
- The page from which you came to the websites;
- When and for how long you visit or use the websites;
- Whether you use the functionalities of the websites. For example, creating a wish list, placing an order or viewing previous purchases.
- Which pages you visit in our websites.
We use these cookies for example to:
- Track the number of visitors to our websites;
- Measuring the duration of each visit;
- Determining the order in which a visitor visits the different pages of our websites.
Social media third party cookies
How do social media cookies from third parties work?
Social media cookies are placed by the social media websites themselves. When you click on a social media button on our websites, a social media cookie is placed. The social media party can recognize your IP address at the moment you want to share a page of our websites. For the cookies that the social media parties place and the data that they collect, we refer you to the statements that these parties provide on their own websites about this. We encourage you to review the privacy and cookie statements below regularly:
- We can track which ads you have already seen;
- We can track how often you have seen an advertisement;
- We can prevent you from seeing the same thing over and over again;
- We can track whether you click on the ads;
- We can track whether you place orders after you have seen or clicked on an advertisement;
- We can combine your online surfing, searching, and buying behavior no matter which device you use;
- By combining these features, we can identify your advertising interest and tailor the ads we display to you in our websites and on third party websites accordingly;
Advertising networks and media agencies act as intermediaries for websites and advertisers. The advertising cookies of these parties make it possible:
- Our advertising partners can combine your preferences at Rebo B.V. with the information they collect when you visit other websites.
For the cookies that these parties place for advertising purposes, we refer you to the statements on the websites of these parties. Because the statements may change from time to time, we encourage you to review these privacy and cookie statements on a regular basis. The following parties place cookies on our websites:
Website recommendations, preferences and interest cookies
We have so many items in our shop that we are happy to help you on your way. For example, by pointing out articles that are of interest to you. This is done, for example, on the basis of your previous visits to our websites, regardless of which device was used. We then look at cookies and your IP address, but also at what you have previously bought from us and your interests that we know because we asked you to do so. The recommendations and interest cookies allow us to verify whether you have seen and clicked on certain products or offers and whether, for example, you have purchased a specific product on the basis of these recommendations and interest cookies. We combine this information in order to get an idea of your interests and preferences on which the websites can be adjusted for you.
The interest cookies make it possible to:
- Combine your online surfing, searching, and buying behaviour in our websites, no matter which device you use to visit the websites;
- By combining your surfing behaviour, we can identify your preferences and interests and tailor offers and recommendations in our websites to them;
- Through our websites, we can show you offers and recommendations based on your interests and the combination of your surfing, search and buying behaviour;
- We may display targeted offers and recommendations based on your surfing behaviour on third party websites.
If you want to disable cookies from specific parties, you can do so via www.youronlinechoices.com.
Delete cookies from Microsoft Edge:
Click on the Menu icon (3-line icon) in the top right corner. Click on the icon of the clock, this is the ‘History’ tab. Click ‘Delete all history’. Now you can specify exactly what you want to delete. Please tick ‘Cookies and saved website data’ and click ‘Delete’. At the bottom you can indicate whether you always want to delete this data when closing Microsoft Edge.
Delete cookies in Chrome:
Click on the 3-line icon in the top right corner. Click on ‘Settings’ > ‘History’ > ‘Delete browsing data’. In any case, make sure that ‘Delete cookies and other site and plug-in data’ is checked. You can also specify how old the cookies should be. Choose ‘All’ here.
Delete cookies in Firefox:
Click on the 3-line icon in the top right corner. Go to ‘Options’ > ‘Privacy’. Click on ‘Delete your recent history’. Under ‘Details’ you can indicate exactly what you want to delete. Please tick ‘Cookies’ in any case. You can also specify how old the cookies should be. Choose ‘All’ here.
Deleting cookies in Safari:
In the top left corner of the menu bar, click ‘Safari’ > ‘Preferences’. Select the ‘Privacy’ tab at the top of the window. Then click ‘Delete all Website Data’.
Delete cookies in Internet Explorer:
Click on the icon of a toothed wheel in the top right corner. Go to the menu ‘Security’ > ‘Delete browsing history’. Now you can specify exactly what you want to delete. Please tick ‘Cookies and website data’ in any case. Click on ‘Remove’ at the bottom of the window.